Since 22 November 1996 there has been a national corporate treasurers organisation in the Netherlands, currently named DACT. At the time of writing DACT has 320 members approx., including treasurers of smaller companies and multinationals. DACT also encourages treasurers of municipalities and non-profit organisations to join DACT to take part in new developments in their field.
DACT seeks to advance the development of treasury as a discipline in the Netherlands by:
- promoting the development of the field in a general sense;
- publishing or helping others to publish articles and reports on treasury;
- organising meetings for members;
- maintaining national and international contacts with umbrella and sister organisations and associated groups;
- taking positions where necessary or useful;
- pursuing a member policy such that the membership file is representative of Dutch treasury circles.