- TMI Academy
- Case Studies
- Strategic Treasury
Wolseley has a centralised approach to treasury management with a global treasury centre based in the UK. Over the past few years, we have undertaken a journey of ongoing improvements to enhance both financial and operational efficiency.
This article details some of the milestones in this journey, how we addressed challenges along the way, and the outcomes of these initiatives.
- Gain senior management support to help clear organisational roadblocks
- Appoint internal project manager to ensure project discipline and momentum
- Engage all major stakeholders, including IT, Group Finance, Audit and Legal
- Communicate regularly and openly with partner banks
- Debrief unsuccessful bidders to improve service provision and maintain good relationships
- Secure a robust service level agreement (with both internal IT and external vendors)
- Beware increase of project scope that could derail deadlines
Royston Da CostaAssistant Group Treasurer
Wolseley Group Services