- TMI Academy
- Case Studies
- Cash & Liquidity Management
- Willis Group
On 8 August 2013, Willis Group Holdings completed a $525m bond issue. The net proceeds of the offering, together with cash on hand, were used to fund a $521m tender of Willis bonds.
The offering represented Willis's first debt issuance in two and a half years and its inaugural 30-year offering.
- Willis carried out a thorough review of its capital management strategy, deciding first to maintain its investment grade credit rating
- In order to achieve greater financing flexibility the group extended its current bank facility and then reviewed its portfolio
- When the bank financing was almost complete Willis launched a waterfall tender for its bonds with an outstandingly successful result
- The company now subjects its capital management strategy to continuous review based on business strategy rather than as a response to immediate necessity
Christof NelischerGlobal Group Treasurer
Willis Towers Watson