- TMI Academy
- Case Studies
- Cash & Liquidity Management
Chinese multinational Sany International Development Limited is the worlds largest heavy machinery manufacturer. In this article Yaling Zhang, CFO describes some initiatives their treasury function implemented to manage the company’s rapid international growth and support its future success.
- Sany has a highly centralised approach to finance and treasury and its domestic and international cash pools are separated in accordance with China's capital controls.
- Recent years have seen a significant increase in the proportion of the company's revenue derived from overseas sales and a widening of its geographic footprint.
- Sany's treasury is working with banks and other large Chinese corporations to lock in exchange rates and share best practices.
- The company has intergrated SWIFT into its internal finance and treasury system and connected each of its banks that support SWIFT, which provides daily and intra-day visibility over 200 of its international accounts, and has set up its own IT department to help improve efficiency and control.
Sany International Development Limited